- the information we, Boondockers Welcome Inc. (“Boondockers Welcome”) collect about you,
- how we use and share that information, and
- the privacy choices we offer.
What Information Do We Collect When You Use Our Services?
Information Users Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us, such as when you create an account, update your profile, use the interactive features of our Services, participate in contests, promotions or surveys, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
- Basic user information, such as your name, username, gender, age, email address, mailing address, billing address, phone number(s), demographic information and photographs;
- Messages and interactive forum information, such as discussion group posts, messages to other Boondockers Welcome users and information you provide in connection with your activities;
- Other background, contact and demographic information, such as your occupation, personal URL, home town, host property description and photo, Recreational Vehicle description and photo, your address and availability, travel history and travel plans, other interests and self-descriptions you choose to provide, other RV clubs you belong to, people and pets in your travel party including the age of any children, your RV camping requirements and preferences;
- Information stored on your mobile device, such as your photos and calendar information, if you have given us permission to access this information; and
- Information about you from other Boondockers Welcome users, such as trust ratings, friend connections, public references, and other interconnections and interactions between you and other Boondockers Welcome users.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you, including:
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location each time you access or use our mobile application or website, or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more information, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
- Device Information: We collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Log Information: We collect log information about how you access or use our Services, including your access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and other Tracking Technologies: We may automatically collect information using cookies, web beacons (also known as “tracking gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”) and other tracking technologies to, among other things, improve our Services and your experience, monitor user activity, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and tell if an email has been opened and acted upon. For information about removing or rejecting cookies, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your Boondockers Welcome account through a third-party social networking site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, profile picture, connections and other account information in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social networking site.
Some of this information may be shared with other users, for example they may be able to see your connections who are also Boondockers Welcome users. Please see “Your Information Choices” below for more information about how to manage your sharing preferences.
How Do We Use this Information?
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Protect the safety of Boondockers Welcome users and verify your identity;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events, and provide other news and information about Boondockers Welcome and other third parties;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the Services, which may include providing content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Transfers of Your Personal Information Abroad
Sharing of Information
- With your consent, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you subsequently agree to provide such information;
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- With others who access or use our Services in accordance with the privacy settings you establish (please see “Your Information Choices” below for more information about how to manage your sharing preferences);
- With search engines in order to index the content you provide as part of a discussion forum or public profile;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; and
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Boondockers Welcome is responsible and liable if third-party agents that it uses to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless Boondockers Welcome proves that it is not responsible for the event that allowed the damage to occur.
Social Media Tools
Boondockers Welcome may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services as part of our Services. These third parties may have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the activities of these third parties and how they collect, use or share information about you. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Services and welcome any feedback about these third parties.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
How Do We Protect Visitor Information?
Boondockers Welcome takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We are constantly implementing and updating administrative, technical and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we can’t guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information.
Can children use the application?
Our site and the services available through Boondockers Welcome are not intended for children under the age of 13. Boondockers Welcome does not knowingly or specifically collect information about children under the age of 13 and believes that children of any age should get their parents’ consent before giving out any personal information. We encourage you to participate in your child’s web experience.
Your Information Choices
You may update or correct information about you or deactivate your account at any time by logging into your account and editing your profile. Boondockers Welcome will not provide members access to account data that is not already available to a logged in member. Even after you deactivate your account, we may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes or to protect member safety. If your account is deactivated, Boondockers Welcome will provide access to the data associated with the deactivated account upon receipt of the required legal documentation.
Location Information via Mobile Device
You have the ability to turn location-based services on and off by adjusting the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device and by following the standard uninstall process and removing Boondockers Welcome’s application from your device. Doing so, however, may mean that you cannot use all or a portion of our Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies or visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that our Services may not function properly if your browser does not accept cookies.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Boondockers Welcome by following the instructions in those emails or by adjusting the appropriate notification settings in your Account Details profile. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as emails about your account.