We have a nice level neighborhood right outside the Pax River Navy base. A mostly level driveway, best for a class B, camper van, or travel trailer. Street parking also available.
15amp hookup and water hose available in driveway.
There is a fish pond (Mudbunny Pond) in the front yard. It may be seasonally covered, but if it is not feel free to sit down and see the fish; kids love to feed them their fish food. Lawn chairs welcome in the yard, we have a fire pit in the fenced backyard you are welcome to set up some chairs and have a campfire.
Pets welcome, we have a nice neighborhood with an easy rectangle walk around. We do have the fenced backyard, but please ask case by case basis for offleashing as we have a cat and both neighbors have dogs. Please always pick up after your pets.
Smoking only allowed by the fire pit, please, you can throw your butts in it.
No generators, please, there is a baby next door.
No unsupervised children.
No blocking other cars in with yours.
A neighborhood road, flat asphalt, gravel driveway. We personally prefer backing in. The neighborhood makes a horseshoe/has 2 entrances, so easy to come in and out.
Street parking available right in front, quiet safe neighborhood street
Unavailable August 9 2021 through October 15 2021 as we will have a guest.
Great location near Gate 3 of the base. Beach not far, shopping and restaurants within 10mins. Farmers Market 1mi away Saturday 9-1, Wednesdays seasonally.
While you're here: try the local delicacy, Southern Maryland Stuffed Ham (we suggest from Chiefs or McKay's).
- Historic St. Mary's City (living history museum and archaeology site), 10mins.
- Point Lookout State Park (lighthouse, POW camp, playground), 20mins.
- Elms Beach County Park and playground, 15mins.
- Sotterley Plantation, 25mins.
- Patuxent River Naval Air Museum, 10mins.
- Calvert Marine Museum, Lighthouse and Solomon's Island, 20mins.
- Piney Point lighthouse and beach, 25 mins.
- Coltons Point Lighthouse and Museum, 30 mins
- Leonardtown (shops, restaurants, waterfront), 30mins
- Amish Market, 40mins
- Blue Crabs Baseball games, 45mins
- Disc golf course, 5mins
- Wal-Mart, 10mins
- Calvert Cliffs State Park, 30mins
- Annemarie Sculpture Garden, 25mins
- Maryland International Raceway at Budds Creek, 40mins
- Dr. Samuel Mudd House and Museum, 45mins
- Surratt Tavern Historic Site, 1hr
- Washington D.C., 1.5-2hrs
- Baltimore, 1.5hrs
- Annapolis, 1.5hrs
- BWI or DCA both 1.5hrs
Restaurants we recommend:
- The Front Porch (Southern)
- Kingfishers (Seafood)
- Asahi (Hibachi)
- The Ruddy Duck (Brewery + Grill)
- Island Hideaway (Seafood)
- The CD Cafe (American)
- Sake (Japanese)
- Bollywood Masala (Indian)
- Pier 450 (Seafood)
- St. Inie's Coffee (Coffeehouse)
- Hacienda Los Guayabos (Mexican)
- The Slice House (Pizza)
- Tearrific (Asian Fusion)