We are located 5 miles south of Interstate 94 and 1 mile from Hwy 26 right between Madison and Milwaukee Wisconsin. Our location is on a country road two miles from the city limits of Jefferson Wisconsin. This property is a farmette of three acres with one acre dedicated to a wildflower prairie full of butterflies and birds seasonally. There is some road noise but generally quiet. The Jefferson County Fair Grounds (2 miles away) offer a dump station for a fee. They also have a paid camp ground if you are too long for us (max 30 feet).
- Quiet always but no generators after 10pm please (unless you are dying from humidity).
- Pets only with permission and leashed, absolutely no barking (pets either), we have outside farm cats.
- Free firewood is available for campfire and cooking (bring supplies for s'mores).
- Adult beverages allowed (we like brandy, wine, and margaritas if you are sharing).
- Bring bug spray... hiking is available on this property and along the country road (ticks, mosquitoes, deer flies).
- Contact host by text, avoid knocking on house door. (isn't technology wonderful)
- An autographed copy of our novel A Dog of Few Words is available for $13.00 The property you are staying on was the foundation for the story, it will be a memento of your stay. If you have a pet or love nature you will enjoy this rural humorous story with over 500 copies already sold. Our book is uniquely offered as "Something Special From Wisconsin" and makes a great souvenir and gift.
We have a gravel driveway but not a circular turn around. The guest should have the ability to back up and turn around near the parking location or be able to back down the driveway to the road. There are trees along the driveway you will want to watch if you have a tall or wide unit. We will attempt to keep them trimmed but still watch at your own risk. The country road by our property is paved. The max length of rigs is 30 feet which should include your tow vehicle length (example: if you have a 20 foot rig and a 10 foot tow vehicle you are 30 feet in length. If you have a 20 foot rig and a 12 foot tow vehicle you will be 32 feet *over our limit*.) We mention this because some people rent their rigs and do not know how to turn or back the vehicle. Especially if it has rained, the ground may be soft and the turning may be tight, so 30 feet is the max. The parking spot does not have any shade trees. It is in full sun from late morning to afternoon.
The parking is a gravel driveway. There is plenty of room to park an additional car or truck. However, you may want to unhook in the driveway before you park your RV. For privacy you will have to drive around the back of an outbuilding as seen in the pictures.
We are Rv people ourselves with lots of grandkids to visit, so there may be dates that are not available. We also may decline a stay if there has been heavy rain which may make the parking area muddy or soft. Always arrive before dark! It is very difficult to park after dark. We love it if you text an ETA and then check-in several times while you are on the way, especially if you will be earlier than expected. We run a business and a working farm so we are not on-site every minute of the day. For the most part, people or kind courteous and understanding... let's keep that theme going!!
Walmart 4 miles
Restaurants within 5 miles
Fenced Dog Park 2 miles
Bike Trail 1 mile
Canoeing 5 miles
Johnson Creek Outlet Mall Shopping 5 miles
Golf Course 2 miles
Brewers Stadium 48 miles
Lovely little country spot with quiet area for parking. Nice chat with the host at check in. There was a nice sunset and got a good nights sleep. Would highly recommend if in the area.
We were honored to be their first guests and so happy they joined BDW! Not only were they such a great couple but their site was perfect! Even tho we were close to their house, the spot is between a small outbuilding/barn and an awesome prairie so totally private. We didn't hear a sound at night and the only light was from the cool fireflies. Wish we had more time to visit, we would definitely stay again!