Rural setting about 2.5 miles outside of a small town. Location is surrounded by woods and corn fields. Our home is adjacent beyond a thin tree line. The location for large rigs is a large, approx. 1.5 acre, open, flat grass field that is mowed each season. 15 amp electrical hookup to my home would most likely be too far for an extension cord to reach (I'm guessing over 250 feet would be needed) but you are welcome to use your generator if need be. Smaller rigs 16ft long or less may park near our driveway and access 15 amp electric service. Most likely wifi will not be reliable for you at the distance you will be from our home but you are welcome to try to connect. You are welcome to use the spigot on the outside of our home if you need to fill any water jugs. Smaller rigs parked near the driveway will have water access. Water is from our well with a high iron content but not overly offensive. If you are noise sensitive please note there are railroad tracks approximately 3/4 of a mile away. They are not extremely active but we do have several trains pass by over the course of a day.
We have 3 Basset Hounds and they stay around our home contained within an invisible fence. They will not go where your rig is parked as that is outside their fence line. They are mostly inside dogs but during the nicer weather they may be outside for extended periods of an hour or two during daylight hours. They do tend to bay and bark when they see strange dogs or people they don't recognize. We can introduce you to them to hopefully keep any barking at a minimum.
- Your dogs must be on leash at all times. Our dogs are contained by an invisible fence but it won't prevent your dog from entering our dogs area. There is no physical fence to keep dogs contained on our property.
- No parties or loud music.
- Keep a close eye on your children. There are farm fields, streams, and woods in the surrounding areas around our property so keeping an eye on your children will be important to keep them from getting lost.
- Quiet time hours for us are by 10:30 PM CST though 6:30 AM CST.
- Arrivals need to be before 9 PM. Our home is very close to the time zone line but we are on central time.
- Check in with us before setting up your camp site. We would like to meet you and introduce ourselves so we know each others faces during your stay.
- There may be times where we share a campfire in our backyard fire pit with guests but in general we leave guests alone unless they want some conversation or have questions.
- Rigs parked away from our home can run a generator all night.
- Please take your trash with you or you may use the trash can in our driveway for reasonable amounts of overnight trash. The best rule of thumb is to leave our property in the same condition it was before your arrival.
- We would prefer stays no longer than 48 hours. If things are going well for all of us during your stay we might consider an extension.
- No fireworks on our property
- No discharge of firearms on our property
- We assume no liability for property damage or equipment damage that might occur during your stay on our property.
- My wife and I are both telecommuters working remotely from our home for our employers. We will only be available for limited amounts of time during Monday - Friday between 7AM and 4:30 PM CST. We may only be able to quickly introduce ourselves and show you where to park during these days / hours until we are off work.
Smaller chip and seal paved road that will allow for 2 direction traffic but it is a tight squeeze. Our farm is adjacent to open field with the nearest neighbor other than our home being about a half mile. Traffic is generally light with very few cars passing by as there are not many homes on our road. Pull through parking is by means of doing a u turn in the large open field. There is only safe access from one point.
Large open grass field adjacent to our home. About 1.5 acres of open level grass area that is mowed each season. You can disconnect and leave your tow vehicle in the field. If there is a compelling reason you'd like to park your tow vehicle on our concrete driveway that could be an option that we talk about as well.
We are about 4 miles from Bass Lake where you can kayak, boat, fish, or swim at the beach. We are about 14 miles away from Culver, IN and Lake Maxinkuckee where you can kayak, rent a boat, fish, or swim. We are an hour away from RV Musuem in Elkhart, University of Notre Dame, the Studebaker Museum, and all the things the city of South Bend has to offer.
Dgoner greeted us with fresh peanut butter cookies on arrival. Beautiful homestead farm with lots of room. Easy access, and fairly level mowed field to set up in. Our big rig felt right at home, and we were sung to sleep by the crickets and frogs. If you are able to dry camp for an overnight, this is the ideal spot near Nappanee or Elkhart to stay prior to any repairs, upgrade, or custom furniture builds.
What a great spot. It was level, private, beautiful, and no bugs. There are train tracks nearby, and trains do come at night, but other than that it was perfect.