The wife and I enjoy boon.docking / RV travel. One of the challenges is finding a legal, safe place to stay. The boondockerswelcome.com site address this directly. It is our pleasure to share our location with you! :-)
We have room for 2 RVs weather permitting. The creek side spot will not be available if the yard is too soft to drive on. We are not too picky, but just don't want ruts in the yard to 'enjoy' when mowing the grass. If you need a fresh water tank fill, and we are home, that can be arranged.
We have limited electrical options due to length / voltage drop issues. A 15A connection is available in both spots. You will need a minimum of 75 feet of drop cord. Please do not attempt the AC unit. It will wind up tripping the circuit breaker. (been there, done that with our RV). If you need this limited electrical hookup, it will be $4 per day. For solar panel equipped rigs, we have morning / afternoon sun and evening shade. (but only if the sun is out, and never at night !! )
1. We discourage drinking or smoking on the property. Inebriated guests are not welcomed!
2. The fire ring is adjacent the creek side spot. Firewood is NOT supplied.
3. Pets on leash only. Any deposit made in the lawn are must be addressed / removed.
4. Please be respectful of others. No illegal activities.
5. Quiet time is 10PM to 6AM. (This is for generator use as well)
6. You must remove and transport away your own trash.
7. The pool is not available for use.
8. Please leave the property just as you found it.
The gravel driveway to the barn area is the "all weather" spot. The best flat area is just outside the barn where we park our RV. It would be a better fit if your rig were no more than 50 feet long. but not a show stopper. This "all weather" spot is up the hill from the more desirable spot down by the creek. If it is going to be wet / rain, then it will not be available as I don't want anyone stuck in the yard. We can discuss weather if the creek side spot is requested.
Plenty of room to park. 4 wheel drive is recommended if parking in a grass area.
United States Air Force Museum. About 40 minute drive / 28 miles.
Preble County Pork Festival (September)
Preble County Fair (August)