The wife and I enjoy boondocking / dispersed / dry camping. One of the challenges is finding a safe, legal place to stay. The boondockerswelcome.com site address this directly. It is our pleasure to share our location with you! :-)
If traveling on interstate 70, we are about 10 minutes South.
If traveling on interstate 75, we are about 30 minutes West.
We have room for several RVs in good weather but a limited number if the hill or yard is too wet to drive on.
We have limited electrical options. A 15 amp connection is available for most spots. You will need a minimum of 75 feet of drop cord. For solar equipped rigs, most spots are morning / afternoon sun and evening shade. (but only if the sun is out, and never at night !! ;-) Three locations to fill fresh water tanks. Just ask for details if you need water.
1. Drinking or smoking on the property is permitted but discouraged. Inebriated guests are not welcomed!
2. The fire ring is near the creek area. Please ask about the firewood if you want a campfire.
3. Pets on leash only. Our dog is in a fenced area away from guests. 'Deposits' must be addressed / removed.
4. Please be respectful of others. No illegal activities.
5. Quiet time is 10PM to 6AM. (This is for generator use as well)
6. You must remove and transport away your own trash.
7. Sorry, the pool is NOT available for use due to insurance restrictions.
8. If your rig is over 10,000 pounds, use of some sort of device to spread out the weight of the level jacks ☆must☆ be used!
9. Please leave the property just as you found it & give us a shout if you need anything.
The gravel driveway to the barn area is the "All Weather" spot. The best flat area is just outside the barn where we park our RV. It would be a better fit if your rig were no more than 50 feet long. but not a show stopper. This "All Weather" spot is up the hill from the spots down by the creek. We do have an overflow spot, but it is right off the road without water or electricity. The overflow would be good for an overnight park / sleep. If it is going to be wet / rain, then the creek side spots will not be available as we don't want anyone stuck in the yard.
Plenty of room to park.
United States Air Force Museum. ( 39.787, -84.110 )
Preble County Pork Festival in September. (39.737, -84.628 )
Preble County Fair in August. (39.737, -84.628 )
Adam's Rib BBQ ( 39.746, -84.644 )
Eaton Place Restaurant ( 39.759, -84.635 )
John's Tire Service (if you need any tire repairs) ( 39.743, -84.620 )
If your stay includes Sunday morning, we invite you to the Cornerstone Grace Church about a mile North!
Rocky Run Camp in Eaton, Ohio is a wonderful place to stay! This was our first Boondocker stop and it did not disappoint! Our hosts gave us a warm and friendly welcome when we arrived and showed us just where to park in their gorgeous backyard. We enjoyed a fun chat around their fire pit until late in the evening. We’ll definitely return for another Boondocker’s evening when we’re back this way. Great hosts and a great place to stay. Give them a call next time you’re in the area!
Thank you both!!
Our first Boondockers Welcome site and it couldn't be a better experience. The hosts were wonderful. Felt like family. We really clicked. The spot is in their huge backyard. Plenty of room for any size rig. We are 36ft plus a jeep. We picked a place right next to the creek. Had some leveling issues but was provided blocks to help. We will be back here our next time thru.
It was a pleasure to stay here. We were on our way cross country and had a great time staying here. The hosts not only welcomed us warmly with a spot in the shade next to a creek but supplied us with electric and water. Would come back anytime. Thank you.