We are in rural Hernando County, Florida. We have the ability to handle RV's up to 30' long (probably larger, but not sure due to the turn into the drive way- we can send more information for larger rigs upon request). Only 10 miles from I-75. Near the Withlacoochee Forest (walking distance depending on what trails you want to visit) and only an hour from Tampa or Orlando. Short drive to restaurants and grocery stores in Brooksville and Spring Hill. Only 18 miles to Weeki Wachee.
1. We want you to enjoy your stay. Common sense and courtesy is the key. Ask us any questions before arriving as well as during your stay.
2. Arrival before dark is preferred but not required. If arriving late, please let us know.
3. We can facilitate water and 110 electric to fill your fresh water tank and charge electronics, but we will need to run a hose and extension cord up to 100'. You'll need to provide any additional water hose/electric extension beyond that distance. This will be solely at our discretion but feel free to ask. If we provide this service, be considerate with use.
4. Our internet is capped with AT&T DSL (country living- not many options). If you need to connect for quickly checking emails or other basic internet searches we may allow use of our wifi. If we let you use it, please be super considerate as we get charged for overages.
5. No grey/black water dumping at any time. We are on well-water and keeping our water source clean is important to us. RV dumping is available within a 10-12 mile drive.
6. Do not leave trash outside. Wildlife is abundant on our property (especially raccoons).
7. Use of our trash receptacles is allowed but let us know first. We recycle and encourage you to do the same by separating your plastics and aluminum from your trash.
8. RV parking is close to where our neighbors walk their dogs. They are very quiet, but expect to hear them every once in a while and see flashlights at night.
9. Although we posted as no pets, feel free to ask. The only reason we are indicating no pets is due to our dogs not being very friendly with others sometimes but we can work something out if needed.
10. Stabilizing jacks OK, but please use pads to protect the asphalt.
11. Use of generators for charging RV battery and electronics, and appliance use (i.e. microwave) is acceptable as long as noise levels are low. No generator use after 10:00 pm. Keep this in mind when considering a stay during the summer months in Florida.
12. We can extend your stay if needed. Just ask, but don't be upset if we decline. I still work and we travel some and therefore your stay needs to be aligned with our schedule.
13. Having visitors over is OK, but let us know as a courtesy. If you do have visitors we request to keep the noise level down. No loud music at any time or loud conversations after 10:00 pm.
14. Close the access gate at all times.
15. No fires of any kind around the RV parking area. You are welcome to use our fire pit, fire wood and camping table located on the opposite side of the RV parking area.
16. Always ask if you have any questions.
You will be parking on our driveway on a 3 acre property. Access to the property is from a well maintained main road. There is a 12' wide gate to enter through. There are telephone lines over the gate with a center height of 13' and we recommend RV height of no more than 12' to be safe. Not a lot of traffic and usually very quiet after 10:00 p.m. The pad is asphalt and level. There are oak trees but they should not be a problem. It will be important that you talk with us for more detailed information.
We have plenty of space so you can park next to your rig.
Weeke Wachee Springs State Park, Withlacoochee Forest, Croom Wildlife Management Area, Withlacoochee Trail, Brooksville Country Club, Croom Mountain Bike Trails