Our property is located in rural Hernando County, Florida,very close to the Withlacoochee State Forest. We can fit travel trailers up to30' long (probably larger, but not sure due to the turn into the drive way- we can send more information for larger rigs upon request), class B RVs, and smaller class C. Only 10 miles from I-75. Near the Withlacoochee Forest (walking distance depending on what trails you want to visit) and only an hour from Tampa or Orlando. Short drive to restaurants and grocery stores in Brooksville and Spring Hill. Only 18 miles to Weeki Wachee.
1. We want you to enjoy your stay. Common sense and courtesy is the key. Ask us any questions before arriving as well as during your stay.
2. Arrival before dark is preferred but not required. If arriving after dark, please let us know.
3. No grey/black water dumping at any time. RV dumping is available 7 miles from this parking area.
4. Do not leave trash outside. Wildlife is abundant on our property (specially raccoons).
5. RV parking is close to where our neighbors walk their dogs. They are very quiet, but expect to hear them every once in a while and see flashlights at night.
6. Stabilizing jacks OK.
7. Please contact us if traveling with pets. Our dogs are sometimes uneasy with other dogs. We will ask to keep/walk dogs in a specific area.
8. Generators OK between 8:00 am- 8:00 pm. Keep in mind if staying during summer months.
9. If needed, we can facilitate power for charging electronics, running microwave and fans. No running AC units as you'll be connected to a standard outlet and it is a long run to the RV parking (approx. 150').
10. Water to fill your tanks can be provided on a limited basis if needed as it is a long run (close to 200').
11. We value our privacy as well as yours. We are friendly and enjoy engaging in conversation. However, we work from home most of our day and you should expect to have the boondocking area to yourself with limited interaction from us once you are settled. You'll see us going about our daily activities. It is not that we don't want to interact with you. Just that my wife and I are still a working couple and the limited time we have we spend keeping up with chores and our property. You'll have full access to our gate and free to come/go as you please.
12. Did I mention always ask if you have any questions? We want you to enjoy your stay and hopefully to come back.
You will be parking on our paved driveway. Access to the property is from a well maintained County road. There is a 12' wide gate to enter through. There are telephone lines over the gate with a center height of 13' and we recommend RV height of no more than 12' to be safe. This site is a good fit for travel trailers under 30', Class B RVs, and smaller class C rigs. We recommend backing into the drive way. Parking is near the main road and noise may be an issue some times, specially Friday nights; however, it is usually quiet after 10:00 p.m. with an occasional loud truck (country living). The pad is asphalt and level. There are oak trees but they should not be a problem.
We have plenty of space to park next to your rig.
Weeke Wachee Springs State Park, Withlacoochee Forest, Croom Wildlife Management Area, Withlacoochee Trail, Brooksville Country Club, Croom Mountain Bike Trails
Thanks for everything Luis and Carmen . They did what ever they could to make us feel confortable.
Nice conversation and information to enjoy the forest and the cycling paths.
Hope we will see you again.
Louis and Suzanne
We had a wonderful two night stay; very close to a great recreational area for biking/walking and horseback riding. Also close to a small town. Host very friendly and our setup in the driveway still felt very private.