Rural location, 12 minutes (7 miles) off I70 from Topeka Rice Rd exit or 20 minutes (15mi) west of the Lecompton Turnpike exit west of Lawrence. We are 11 miles southeast of Topeka KS, the State Capitol complex and Brown v. Board, 18 miles west of Lawrence, KS. We have a 38ft wide by 90 foot long crushed asphalt drive. FULL RV ELECTRIC AVAILABLE 50/30/110 and water from house exterior faucet. The nearest RV dump is at the Shawnee Lake Campground which is 8 minutes (5.2mi) away. The nearest Truck & RV wash is 12 minutes (7.3mi) west of us. We are 9 miles from Heartland Motorsports Park, 19 miles from KU, 47 miles west of Kansas Speedway.
1. No smoking on the property
2. Pets must be on leash and any deposits left on the ground need to be picked up.
3. Leave it as you found it, we will accept your trash, place it in the refuse container.
4. Since we provide a full set of RV electrical hook-ups (see item 8 below), we would prefer no genset usage.
5. Arrivals normally will be after 1pm if the site was previously occupied the day/night prior otherwise there is no restriction on arrival times prior to midnight. Arrivals will need to be coordinated in advance so that we are present upon your arrival, preferably 48 hours notice but last minute is ok prior to midnight.
6. Departures need to occur by 12pm if there is a reservation for that day, otherwise departure time is flexible.
7. RV washing is not permitted, the water rates of our county rural water system are high. A hydrant connection to our household water is available for domestic use.
8. The cost of providing the RV park type electrical hook-up was very expensive. We have a metered hook. up connection and expect coverage of the KWH of use based on our actual per KWH rate at the time (e.g. 11 cents June 2020). Plus a minimal donation towards that facility (and any water usage) would be appreciated
9. You will be parked along the east side of our property line, please avoid any activity that crosses the property line. We have good neighbors and desire to maintain that relationship.
10. Children are welcome to engage in outdoor play, please ensure play is away from flower beds and the street, the area behind the house is open. We would prefer that there not be any hitting of hard baseballs.
11. Exception to the 3 night stay maximum will be considered in the advent of a health or other urgent issue provided such extension does not conflict with other reservations or our personal calendar.
12. Propane grills are ok, please no charcoal grills.
13. The hosts reserve the right to require guests to depart at any time, if activity by the guests or their pets are deemed a nuisance and the guests decline to cease the activity.
ALL WEATHER CHIP AND SEAL COUNTY ROAD
Tow vehicle or toad vehicle parking next to or behind RV, please do not block access to garage.
Heartland Motorsports Park, Kansas State Capitol, Evel Knievel Museum, Kansas Speedway, Kansas Air National Guard 190th Refueling Wing, Combat Air Museum, Kansas History Museum, Brown v. Board of Education National Historic Site, Great Overland Station (restored Union Pacific depot), Colmery VA Hospital, Ted Ensley Gardens at Lake Shawnee and Truckhenge art park.
Ken was a gracious & informative host before we even arrived. From informing us of the best way to get in & where to unhook our toad, Ken was spot on with his information & oh so kind. Only had a short time to visit, but will definitely stop here again on our travels.
He came out in the winds & darkness to guide us in as well.
Last, but not least, he helped (well, actually did it) repair an issue with my brake cable.
Thanks for having us!
Experienced RVers made this a pleasant and professional overnight. Top notch facilities provided by gracious and helpful hosts. Worth traveling here to meet these fine folks.
Our hosts were great! Helped us back in to the site on a late arrival. The site was level and easy to hook up the electric. Super gracious. Will look to stay again when we are passing through.
I can not say enough about our stay at KansasKen's! We were greeted in the driveway upon arrival and immediately struck up a conversation with K while our kids played with their adorable poodle :-) K was a fount of knowledge around RVing for us newbies and was just great to talk to. He made sure we knew our route to our next location, the best place to dump and the cheapest place to get gas. We didn't have a chance to meet Mrs. KanasKen until the morning but we all immediately took to M's joyful spirit and before we left my kids were hugging her goodbye <3
We may just have to make a special trip to Kansas to see our new friends and watch our Moutaineers take on the Jayhawks together :-)
Super friendly and welcoming. Easy space to back into with an electric hookup. Got to see their cool truck trailer rig and ate some delicious tomatoes from their garden. Would love to return again!
Another good Boondocker host and site!
Met by host at end of driveway and he helped us park and set up. Made to feel very welcome by host and wife ... and site gave us what we needed to have a good stay.
A highly recommended host and location!
Our favorite thing about BW are the people we meet and the friends we make! K & M are exactly the type of folks we love to meet! They were so gracious and generous in so many ways and our stay was not just very comfortable but fun as well. Great conversations on so many things we share in common, sun tea and wine, and even some music time so H could play his fiddle and K could accompany him with his guitar (keep playing that guitar K - we will be back for more!)
M thank you for the treats from your garden. I’ll be making chicken Cacciatore with those tomatoes and peppers tonight!
And of course We got in some much needed dog petting in with their amazing dog!
Hope to pass your way again. Thank you again for everything!
This was a great few days in a pretty spot. The hosts helped me with information about the local area, as well as things to see down the road. I thank them for their great help.
Such a beautiful area and our hosts were very welcoming. Very comfortable site, quiet, yet easy access. We enjoyed our night and would definitely stay again. Thank you!
What a lovely experience, sitting on the porch with Mary and Ken. Delightful folks. I asked about walking opportunities, and Ken said to go left-left-left-left. Take that lovely walk. What a beautiful neighborhood, and wait until you see how organized his shop is!
Our host Ken was kind enough to take numerous calls from me as we attempted to find the most direct route to his location. Unfortunately, we experienced a flat on our 5th wheel on our way as well as mechanical issues with our car. They were generous and allowed us to stay longer so we could do some mechanical repairs and attend my son's wedding. The lady of the house is very pleasant and accommodating to our children. We enjoyed visiting with both of them and we hope the part of our Wy shamrock we left behind flourishes in their home. We will take good care of the mint. :-)
We enjoyed the evening conversation with our hosts. They were very welcoming and we have to say they are terrific hosts. Even helped my wife to walk the 4 dogs. Driveway was definitely wide as described. No issues backing in. Great place to stay.
Great place to stay! There was plenty of space for our 38’ bus and the 50 amp electric was nice to have!
We enjoyed chatting with the hosts. We will be back if we pass through the area again!
Thoroughly enjoyed our visit with KansasKen. Highly recommend them. Beautiful sight. We look forward to staying there again!
We loved Wide Drive! Such a beautiful place! We had a really tough week of work and technology craziness, and our hosts were super accommodating and gracious. What we love about BW is the people we get to meet along the way, and we really, really enjoyed this couple. Wish we'd had more time! It was our first actual driveway stay in front of someone's house with BW and it was absolutely fantastic. Loved hearing and sharing stories. Hope our paths cross again :)