We live in the tiny mountain village of Angel Fire with only about 1,000 people. The town is at 8,500 ft. Our home is in a quiet neighborhood, on a dirt road, with a pull-through dirt driveway. We are tucked away in the middle of a Ponderosa pine forest and we frequently have elk, deer, turkeys, owls and bear meandering through our property. The dark night skies and stars are absolutely fabulous here.
No smoking on property.
Quiet hours when it is dark.
The highways to get to our house and very curvy and windy making towing a vehicle more difficult. Also, we live on a rough dirt road with many potholes, and during winter our road is often hard-packed snow. We are at a high altitude of 8,500' in the Southern Rocky Mountains. Heavy snow is common here Dec.-Apr., so please watch weather forecasts carefully and plan accordingly. In the winter, snow tires or 4WD vehicles are recommended. We have an unpaved (dirt) pull-through driveway.
Tow vehicle can be parked in the pull-through driveway. The driveway is dirt.
* Angel Fire Resort--Winter: Skiing, snowboarding, tubing, cross-country skiing, snowshoe
* Angel Fire Resort--Summer: 18-hole golf course, downhill biking, zip-lining
* Mountain biking
* Hiking (including the highest peak in NM--Wheeler Peak)
* Amazing dark night skies for great stargazing
* Taos (35 minute drive away): Taos Gorge Bridge, Taos Pueblo, Kit Carson Museum, rafting on the Rio Grande River, Taos Ski Valley
Nice shady driveway spot in a quiet neighborhood. Deer and rabbits. Golf club and trail hike nearby. Gracious host.
We arrived exhausted and the peace and quiet here were wonderful. The pull-through driveway worked well. We did not meet our hosts who had advised they would be out and home late, and we left early next day. Also, our plans for the second night changed. However, their emails to us were very friendly and welcoming.