Well, there are several small updates you can make to your RV to help personalize it and make it your home on wheels.
1. Hang up pictures and paintings to give your RV a more homey feel. Command strips will become your friend, especially velcro command strips. They are great for any items that you might want to pick up or remove easily. Many RVers have a dual-purpose rule, meaning anything that goes into the RV should serve dual purposes. For instance, this Moose artwork doubles as a tray you can use to eat outside or on your bed. Velcro it on your wall to easily take it down or put it back up.
2. Change out your drawer pulls for a more modern, customized look. If you change out all of the pulls, be prepared to purchase a lot of them. Most RVs have lots of storage (thankfully!) and therefore there are a lot of handles. Look for the least expensive option because you will have to purchase many of them.
3. Remove the valances and hang curtains. The valances are held by brackets and are pretty easy to remove. Then you can hang curtains to give your RV a softer look. You can use command hooks to hold the curtain rod or install brackets where the valance screws used to be. You will most likely have to customize your curtain sizes but folding fabrics work as well and gives you added privacy.
4. Add a backsplash to your kitchen and/or bathroom. There are some great adhesive backsplashes out there with different colors and designs so there is no need to add more weight to your rig. Just be sure to prep your walls prior to sticking the backsplash on to ensure it sticks properly.
5. Paint the walls and/or cabinets white. This is relatively inexpensive but anyone who has painted a small bathroom knows, painting small spaces is hard! That's why it's last on the list, it can be a big pain but it really does pay off. Changing that bland color to a brighter color really lightens the feel of your RV. If you decide to go white like this picture, just be prepared that scuffs will show more. Purchase a satin color so it's easier to wipe off the scuffs and the light bounces off of it better so it appears brighter.
Those are just a few of the many ways you can personalize your RV. What hacks and tricks do you have? We'd love to hear them.